Thursday 24 January 2008

Ignatian Spiritual Exercises

I committed myself today to begin the Ignatian Spiritual Exercises, as a retreat in daily life. I'll be starting them after Easter and this will be a nine month programme of daily prayer exercises and a weekly meeting with Jane, who'll be acting as my conductor. This is something that I have wanted to do for a long time, and the time now feels right to undertake this. I hope that the exercises will help me to live from a better rhythm of prayer, to grow closer to Christ, and be foundational for future retreat leading. I'm told that the exercises can be profoundly life-changing. Watch this space ...

Preparation of the Godly Daydreaming retreat for Penarth Baptists is on schedule. Please pray for continued inspiration and uninterrupted preparation time.

Thank you.