Tuesday 3 September 2019

A New Book - out soon!


I'm excited to share the news that my new book, Dwelling in the Psalms, will be available in a few weeks time.  

Sometimes the most unexpected promptings of God can prove to be the most powerful.  Holding a proof copy of my latest book in my hands, I can hardly believe that I wrote it.  It emerged during my convalescence from major surgery as I meditated with a psalm a day.  And I couldn't be more pleased with it.
"This book evolved. I didn’t set out to write it. It wrote me. It wove its way into my heart quietly, subtly, insistently. Once it started to emerge, it wouldn’t let me go."
Comprising 150 contemporary interpretations of the psalms, with accompanying reflections and prayers, it draws out the potentially healing context of the ancient texts.  It was a deeply healing journey for me as I wrote it and my prayer is that it may be the same for others as they read it.

I'll be sharing extracts in the coming weeks.  In the meantime, it's available for pre-order from the Kevin Mayhew website.